Water is the essence of life, it is present in our bodies and everything around us in variable proportions. Human organism consists of 70% water, a overweight or obese person has a lower water content, because the fat tissue contains 25% water, compared to muscle tissue that has 75% water. The blood contains 80% water and the bone mass contains about 20% water. Water should be consumed not only by those who want to lose weight, but must be a part of a healthy lifestyle.Water has the following roles in our body:
- Hydrate tissues and mucosa;
- Help to eliminate toxins resulting from the metabolism;
- Prevents and combats constipation;
- Help the function of the kidneys;
- Is helping in the maintaining of a constant body temperature;
- Participate in the process of digestion and absorption of nutrients.
Our body lose water through its various processes of digestion, excretion, respiration, thermoregulation. Therefore we must hydrated to replace the water loss by urine, feces, sweat, perspiration and exhalation.When we are dehydrated, our body suffer in various ways:
- Start the day with a glass of water at room temperature;
- Buy bottles of water of 0.5 liter and have them always in hand;
- Drink coffee with a glass of water to dilute the effect of coffee and prevent staining of tooth enamel;
- Drink a glass of water before a meal will help you to feel full faster;
- Drink water when you are really hungry to avoid eating too much;
- Do not drink cold water. Drink water for pleasure, with small sips;
- Do not wait until you are thirsty to drink water. Drink water before and after physical exercise.
- Drink water regularly throughout the day, avoiding late night drink to have a restful sleep.